Thursday, February 09, 2006

People Everywhere are Pissed!

I don't know how many people have noticed this, I'd like to think I'm not the only one who has, but everyone feels that their values and beliefs are under attack. Muslims, Christians, Evolutionists, Republicans, Democrats, EVERYONE!!!

I blame the radicals* among ALL these groups, but especially conservative Christians. They have been attacking and attacking and attacking in increasingly organized ways. But unfortunately, the response to them hasn't been much better. When the conservatives call the non-them "evil" and "tools of the devil" and just plain "satan", how do the radicals on the other side respond? "Conservatives are just too stupid to see things our way." I don't know about you, but I think Carl Rove is a pretty smart guy, though he is working for really bad people.

As a part of the Reconcilience part of this blog I would like to state this:
As a progressive, I disagree with much of what conservatives are trying to do in this world. But I do believe that they are doing it because they feel that it is the right thing to do. The average conservative is just trying to be a good Christian, or Muslim. I understand and respect that. I am trying to live up to my beliefs and to do what my conscience tells me to do. We are just trying to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and be proud of what we see.

*the definition of radical I use in this entry is the same as in the previous post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Explorer Destroyer