Friday, July 21, 2006

My Current Project

A quick google search revealed that though many many people have written random sentence generators, I could find none that relied on linguistic theory to generate gramatical sentences. So this has been my latest project. I have set up some criteria for myself:

1. Sentence lengths are not predefined and could theoretically go on ad infinitum.
2. Sentences must satisfy the theta criterion.
3. The generator must be able to generate sentences in any tense and mood.

So how is it going? Very slowly. Here's a couple of examples of the output:
"Bob or a towel practices is Jim was fetched but sings".
"Jill is fetched".
"a bird but Jack shakes but made walk".

As you can see I have a long way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Explorer Destroyer